WHO WE ARE
Hotel Luxer collects personal identifiable information in order to respond to the needs of guests and visitors of the hotel. The types of information that we collect may include but are not limited to the following:
- Contact information: name, gender, address, email address, telephone number
- Payment information, including credit card number, expiry date and card holder’s name
- Any preferences related to the services we provide which are necessary to fulfill your special requests such as room preferences, gender, lifestyle information, communication preferences, and any other information that you voluntarily provide.
- We will ask you to identify yourself by showing us your passport or identity card in order to make sure we can verify your identity in relation to the hotel transaction.
Hotel Luxer does not ask for personal identifiable information unless we need it, intend to use it, or when you voluntarily provide it. The primary purpose of collecting information is:
- Providing services, such as making a reservation, fulfilling a request for information, or completing a product/service order.
- Communicating special offers, promotions or hotel news.
- Performing market research to improve the effectiveness of hotel services, website and communications.
You can always opt-out from any communications by using the corresponding link at the bottom of our emails, or by contacting us directly via: firstname.lastname@example.org. You have the choice not to provide certain personal identifiable information. Doing this however, may affect the process of the services we deliver.
We automatically collect generated information for statistical purposes. This information tells us how well our Website is functioning. This information may be provided to third parties, but only if this information cannot be traced back to you directly or indirectly.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
We handle your personal data discretly and will process the personal data only for strictly our own purposes. We will never sell or give your personal data to third parties without explicit prior consent. We will only transfer your personal data to third parties if it is necessary for us to fulfill our contractual obligations towards you or when it is necessary to perform functions you have granted consent for us to do. The third parties we work with are also bound by the same Dutch national and international laws to treat your privacy with care.
Hotel Luxer takes all necessary technical and organizational measures to protect your personal data against loss or any form of unlawful use of any third party. A strictly limited number of people have access to your personal data, and access to your personal data is only granted when explicitly needed to provide our services to you.
It is our intention to only send communications that are useful to you and that you want to receive.
The parties we work with include but not limited to:
- MEWS (https://www.mews.com) – property management system and online booking channel manager
- Hoteliers.com (https://www.hoteliers.com) – booking engine for reservations
- Oaky (http://oakyapp.com) – guest communication before, during and after your stay
- GP Digital Marketing (https://gpdigitalmarketing.com) – online marketing
- MailChimp (https://mailchimp.com) – email marketing
Besides the above mentioned partners, we also provide anonymized information about nationality statistics and general turnover information to the Dutch national bureau of Statistics and the City Council of Amsterdam which we are required to do under Dutch national law.
Our website and booking engine have security measures in place to protect your personal identifiable information against unauthorized access, disclosure or alternation. Your data is safeguarded through administrative protocols and security procedures. Please do not include any credit card information in your electronic communication unless it is required or requested by us in order to complete a reservation process.
When you use Hotel Luxer WiFi we may collect data about:
- The MAC address of your device
- The volume of data which you use
- Your usage by access time, duration and frequency
- Name and room number
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The website may contain links to other websites we do not control. Therefore, we will not be liable for the content of these websites, nor for the processing of personal data that may occur on these websites.
Updated: 25th May 2018